Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Accomplishments.

Today is my second diaversary.*
Two years ago, the primary question in my mind was “Why me?” Why was I stuck with diabetes when I still had my whole life ahead of me? I thought that I would never be able to be me again.
But now, I wonder, why not me? I don’t know who I would be without diabetes, and that’s one thing I will never know, or at least not for a while. (Until they find a permanent cure, I’m stuck.) But with this disease I have thrived. Sure, there have been lots of ups and downs, but in the big scheme of things, they all balance out to a flat line.
Two years ago, to this day, I thought my life was over. But now that I’m looking back on those two years I find myself thinking that maybe I can do this. I will need some help along the way, and I know that there will be lots more ups and downs, but I CAN do this. We can all do this. And we will all be doing it every day, whether with a smile or without.
Today, I am looking back on two years of diabetes. And actually, I’m not frowning. I’m smiling.

*Diaversary: for those of you who aren't familiar with diabetes terms, this means diagnosis/diabetes anniversary. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment