Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Inspired.

There have been many people in my life. Countless teachers, acquaintances, relatives...too many to count. But a few of those people have stayed in my mind because they are special to me. They've inspired me, proved that there are people worth a role model stature.
(I'm sorry if this sounds rather like an awards-show speech. :P)

My grade 8 teachers, Mme. A and Mr. L, you showed me that I can be whoever I want to be, do whatever I want to do. That anything is possible, even if especially if I have to work for it. (You also inspired me to create this blog!)
Grade 1 was a long time ago, but I remember my teacher. Mme. J, I will probably never meet you again, but thank you for starting my education off right.
Everybody at camp - you've shown me how to smile in the midst of dark clouds. Thanks.
My whole family has inspired me and showed me how to be the best I can and have supported me through everything.
All my non-diabetic friends, even if you don't understand my diabetic humour, you've shown me that I am accepted, no matter how different I may be.
Everybody in the DOC (diabetes online community) - you've given me something special. You've inspired me to stand up for what I believe in and you've shown me that I am not alone. That none of us are alone.
Alright, I don't know if anybody is reading this (I know that my mom and my Sparks leader are!), but if you are, thanks. You are helping me to be heard, to be strong.

And last, but most definitely not least, sixuntilme.com. Kerri, if you ever see this - I've been reading your blog diligently for two years. You give me hope everyday that I can and will lead a perfectly normal life with diabetes. You put everything into perfect words that help me smile even on the worst days. You are my role model and someday I hope to have as strong a voice as you.

Thank you, everybody, for inspiring me.

2 comments:

  1. Here is a thought for you

    You my dear Giggles are INSPIRING

    and you are never alone, I may not understand but I will always stand with you

    ReplyDelete