Total Pageviews

Friday, May 11, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week. With a side of courage.

Next week is Diabetes Blog Week. I've heard of this before - in passing - and never had the courage to participate. (Drumroll please) But this year, I will. I have just signed up and I'm looking forward to posting with prompts.
I realised that I may as well be as out there as I can be, because this blog is part of my voice. And advocacy is a good thing - but I need to be more courageous to be an advocate. So I will.

I heard about this through Six until Me (which is really the only place I learn diabetes online stuff from). I'm eager to write, because that's one of the things I like to do and am fairly good at, and the organizer knits - so really, how bad can it be? :P

If you'd like to participate, or even if you just want more information, it's here.

And now I'm off to school, to see my friends once more! (It sounds much better if you think of that in a 'We're off to see the wizard' tune. Like our song at camp that I wrote with my friend: We're off to see the doctors/the wonderful doctors of camp...' ) :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for conquering your fears and signing up to participate!! I know you are going to spread a lot of awareness and support to those who need it. I hope you have fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very excited to be a part of this this year!

      Delete