Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day.

To all the mums of T1s out there, but especially mine,

Thank you. You're always there for us.
When we run out of supplies, you'll always run down to the drugstore to grab some.
When our pump malfunctions, you'll be the one on the phone trying to fix it.
You're always the one spending hours trying to figure out basals, boluses, and numbers.
You were the ones that cuddled us when we cried at our diagnosis.
We know that you will always be ready.

Have you seen the 'Thanks mom' commercial? "She's the hands. She's the feet. She's the body without a head." It's like that. You're not always in the forefront of our minds, but you're always, always there for us.
Whether it's with a hug, a smile, or a middle-of-the-night blood sugar check, you're always quick to help.

So thanks, Mum. You're the best.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Just found your blog while searching for a half hour for that commercial! I finally found the right set of keywords and stumbled on your post.

    Can you help me out? I can't remember what the ad was for - I am trying to find the commercial on YouTube but have no idea what it was advertising. Do you recall?

    And I have read a few of your posts and I see you're a knitter - so am I! I laughed at your descriptions of the yarn in your stash...it's wonderful.

    Thanks so much in advance - I'd so much appreciate it if you could recall that ad!
    Shannon
    shannonDOTbuckATshawDOTca

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a bit of searching myself, I found out that it was for P&G. (Procter and Gamble)
    And then I stumbled upon it, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cyRRTVIyI&feature=endscreen
    Hope that helps!

    Yeah, that post kind of just...wrote itself. XD Glad to know that I'm sharing smiles!

    It's so awesome to know that this blog is being stumbled upon, so thank YOU so much!

    ReplyDelete