Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Insulin pump on TV!

Elementary! "Flight risk"! (Elementary=American Sherlock. If you don't know what Sherlock is, you probably haven't been reading this enough. XD)

And it was funny 'cause Holmes said the guy was wearing a (random sequence of numbers) pager, but then Watson corrected him with "Actually, that's an insulin pump. The man you're looking for is diabetic."

And then I actually saw the pump! (Really, it was just like the many I've seen before.) But, it was on TV, so it was cool.

But then there's the confusing part: The man was portrayed to be, and then said to be, Type 2. And wearing an insuling pump.

I don't claim to know a lot about Type 2 - I know that the stereotypes are just that, stereotypes - but I do know that insulin pumps are quite primarily for Type 1s and that most Type 2s don't even take insulin.

So, yay on the sighting, but sigh on the confusion, I guess?

Just had to share. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in
    your post seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
    I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.
    The design look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon.

    Kudos
    Stop by my blog post golf swing tips

    ReplyDelete