Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sick.

When people try to tell someone about my diabetes, sometimes they say I'm 'sick.'
I disagree. I don't think I'm sick. I have a condition which I have to manage, but it doesn't make me sick.

But today, I am sick.
Real people sick.
I don't like it.

I can't remember the last time I felt this awful. I have no energy. At all. I've spent the last 17 hours in bed, unable to do anything.
Yesterday the only thing I ate was a small bowl of yogourt.
And then I had some glucose tablets and Fresca.
Which I promptly threw up. (And I must say, rasberry tabs and fresca make the least offensive acid I've ever tasted.)

And although my blood sugars have been steady and in a good place, I want this to be over.
The hot-cold-hot-cold has to stop.
Also, I want my energy back. Remember when I could sit up without a Herculean effort? Those were the days. XD

And my arm site, suprisingly, has stayed on for 6 days.
I should really, really change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment