Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Meme time!

I finished my video last night (!!!!!!) but since it's not quite ready to post (I need permission from a couple people), here's a meme to tide us over. I found this on sixuntilme, and I love memes, and it's been waiting for a while, so here.
(Note: I did finish my video last night, but then this morning I decided it wasn't quite right, so I went back and changed a few things. But NOW it's completely finished. No more changes. XD)

What type of diabetes do you have: Type 1. (NOT 'the worst type'. There IS NO 'worst type'.)

When were you diagnosed: October 13th, 2009, 11 o'clock PM.

What's your current blood sugar: *sighs* *goes to get meter* *tests* 8.3 mmol/L (149 mg/dL). Not too bad./ Okay, that was yesterday. (Surprising how long it takes to do one post.) Now it's 6.7, but I just had a [rare] bagel, so it won't stay there for long.

What kind of meter do you use: OneTouch Ping. I've tried using other ones, and much as I loved them, the fact that they didn't connect to my pump for record purposes bothered me. I think I'm going to try and use a different one for my trip to Europe though. There's that awesome little red one upstairs...I can see the photoset now...on top of the Eiffel Tower, outside Big Ben...hm...XD

How many times a day do you test your blood sugar: 4 on a really bad day. Usually between 6 and 10.

What's a "high" number for you: 'Ein' high is above 10 (180). 'Oops' high is above 13 (234) and 'Oh dear' high is above 16 (288). 

What do you consider "low": Anything under 4.0 (72).

What's your favorite low blood sugar reaction treater: I usually use glucose tabs (tropical fruit flavour is the BEST), but recently my friend M introduced me to Clif's ShotBloks, which are these delicious gummy sugary squares that taste like jello berries and work awesomely fast.

Describe your dream endo: Compassionate, talkative, listens to me, talks TO me, understands. Pretty close to who I have now, actually. :)

What's your biggest diabetes achievement: (Oops, missed this one). Probably going to Nova Scotia alone[ish]. Europe will usurp that one for sure though.

What's your biggest diabetes-related fear: A really bad low in the night. Any low in the night, actually. Still haven't had one. *knock on wood*

Who's on your support team: My parents, my brother, the rest of my family, my friends, my doctors, even my Sparks...pretty much everyone that I care about.

Do you think there will be a cure in your lifetime: I've been told many times that there will be. I've been told that I won't have to pay for a pump when I hit the over-18 mark because I won't need one. I've been told lots, and I know that science is getting close, and while I don't think it'll be right away, I think that there will be a cure - or at least a permanent treatment (like islet cell whateveritis) - in my life.

What is a "cure" to you: A cure would mean not having to take insulin. I'm sure I would still have to check my blood sugar, but maybe not as often or as regularly? A cure would be having something that gives me insulin without me having to think about it. (Hm. Sounds like a pancreas.)

The most annoying thing people say to you about your diabetes is: (Upon seeing Bubbles) 'You must have it real bad.' NONONONO. I don't 'have it bad'. I 'have it regular', and that regular needs treatment. OR 'I probably shouldn't offer you these [candies or cookies or whathaveyou], should I?' YES YOU SHOULD. I like candy. I can eat candy. Sometimes I choose not to eat candy, but that DOES NOT mean that you shouldn't offer it. That just makes me feel left out and sad.

What is the most common misconception about diabetes: That it sucks. Well, it does suck most of the time, but when I look back on the big scheme of things and see everything that it's given me, there is no suckiness at all.
Another misconception that I hate is that I can't eat sugar. I CAN. Sometimes I don't WANT to, but I CAN.

If you could say one thing to your pancreas, what would it be: Please give me back my ability to eat bagels all the time. I love bagels. I want them back. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment