Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 15, 2014

D-Blog week: Mantras and More.

Yesterday we opened up about how diabetes can bring us down. Today let’s share what gets us through a hard day.  Or more specifically, a hard diabetes day.  Is there something positive you tell yourself?  Are there mantras that you fall back on to get you through?  Is there something specific you do when your mood needs a boost?  Maybe we've done that and we can help others do it too? 

I don't have a specific mantra.
I wish I did.
I love those inspirational photos. They're so great.

But what gets me through a hard day?
The same thing that gets me up when I'm down.
You guys.
Blogs, videos, articles, photos, stories...that's what gets me through.

What brings me up? Knowing that while I may not ever be without this thing, I will live with it.

Diabetes isn't who I am, but it is a part of me. It will NEVER be all of me, because I won't let it be.
But it will always be a part of who I am, and I'm okay with that.

(Also it never hurts to have a good book and a quiet place to calm down for a minute).


1 comment:

  1. That's important to remember! It's just a part of us, not all of us...thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete